Monday, May 21, 2007

ARCTIC MONKEY'S LIVE @ Harc Rock Live Orlando (Setlist, Review)

Finally finally finally got to the Arctic Monkeys live. Even though it was in Orlando, Fl. So it wasn’t too fair, but I did get to see a band with balls, umph, and brilliant rock songs. But a 1/3 of it was missing. And I was expecting them to have that British Rock Band Form of no movement. It was minimal, but I do understand that it’s the last night of the tour and all. Plus NO ENCORES!!! THANK YOU! Hate those friggin’ things.
Form, and they did, but still having it at the Hard Rock Live, you heard EVERY note and EVERY word. Brilliant sound, lights, and decent crowd.

Here is the setlist for the show so you can see they played for ten minutes more than an hour.

1) If You Found This It’s Probably Too Late
2) BrianStorm
3) Still Take You Home
4) Dancing Shoes
5) From The Ritz To Rubble
6) Balaclava (goes RIGHT into)
7) Fake Tales Of San Francisco
8) You Probably Couldn’t See For The Lights, But You Were Looking Straight At Me
9) Teddy Picker
10) D Is For Dangerous
11) I Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor
12) This House Is A Circus
13) Old Yellow Bricks
14) If You Were There, Beware
15) The View From The Afternoon
16) Fluorescent Adolescent
17) When The Sun Comes Down
18) Leave Before The Lights Come On
19) A Certain Romance

It was genius having Ben who knew the first alum standing up front with me singing those songs, and having Brian and Solari with me bouncing and singing. Vanessa and Heather we’re up against the front bar, so we had a great crowd with us. I wish I could have pictures of the set. Great lighting with 2/3 of the show, nothing annoying, and fit with the music. Also, Nick O’Malley’s (drummers) Dr. Dre shirt was friggin’ ACES! Ha!
Thank you to a great crowd who knew every word. I lost my voice AGAIN. Something about me and singing the Monkeys. Last time was the bachelor party with Ben singing “Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor” at karaoke. Go see these guys. Buy up some albums, singing some songs, and enjoy a fun live show. Brilliant!
We had fun chanting ANTI-Sheffield United chants and trying to get Alex into the crowd more, but...no chance. We did make eye contact during Leave Before The Lights Come On holding up my Liverpool shirt and screaming Down With The Blades. I know Alex Turner is a HUGE Sheffield Weds. fan, so gonna give props to a proper football fan in the States.

GOOOOD TIMES! Thanks everyone!
b.quain

No comments:

LOST, music, movies, football/soccer, etc. GET IT GET IT

My photo
Everything Liverpool Football Club in Orlando, FL. Pubs to watch matches, Fans talk with, Shops to buy LFC gear. WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...