Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Who The Fuck Are The Arctic Monkey's...Brianstorm NEW SINGLE

Arctic Monkey’s – Brianstorm

Thank you Sheffield for finally doing something right. I was never a Pulp or huge Thompson Twins fan. I can’t stomach the Full Monty, and as for the proper football teams, can’t stand Sheff Weds and not a Sheffield United fan at all (go back to Championship League). But finally Sheffield gave birth to one of the most amazing rock bands to come out and play music in 10 years, fuck it maybe 20 years. Best rock band to come about since Weller and the Jam.
We’ve been through some MAJOR rock revival in the 80’s and 90’s, and I could never put alternative rock or bands like Faith No More or Nirvana, or metal revival icons Isis, Pelican in this category. But when I say rock bands, I mean indie/punk revival bands that put an indention on the music scene. The Jam, The Police, Husker Du, maybe a runner up for this revival coming up, Kings Of Leon. If you are not a Oasis fan, stop reading now, please. But if you have not found the Arctic Monkey’s yet, they have a handful of singles and one album that broke them “Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I Am Not,” go find it, go buy it, go sing a long.
Vanessa and I heard of the Monkey’s but never gave them a listen until they played Saturday Night Live. My friend Ben pushed “When The Sun Goes Down” music video and I was like eh, I guess, but never listened to it. But it was when they came out and played “…Dance Floor” on SNL and I lost my SHIT. “A Certain Romance” and I was sold. Just never yawn and get caught by lead singer/guitarist Alex Turner.
The Sheffield quartet has a new album in April, and shows the band has no intent of slowing down. The band have mixed up their sound with bluesy B-Sides, and Alex Turner’s writing what he knows as in a pretty private lifestyle. Here is the new single that BBC played over the weekend and should be out very soon. I have finally uploaded something on my rapidshare, and it’s very much worth it. GO GET IT!

http://rapidshare.com/files/19690630/Brianstorm.mp3

enjoy
b.quain

No comments:

LOST, music, movies, football/soccer, etc. GET IT GET IT

My photo
Everything Liverpool Football Club in Orlando, FL. Pubs to watch matches, Fans talk with, Shops to buy LFC gear. WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...