Thursday, April 19, 2007

LOST BLOG: Recaps, predictions, and WHAT I GOT FROM LAST NIGHT'S "Catch-22"

HELICOPTER?!?!?! HELICOPTER?!?!?! Uh, Jim?!? Please tell that was funny? Weird right? I can’t believe there was a helicopter! Shocked the shit out of me. Is it every week another prediction that is made, will pop up?
I MUST apologize to some who might have felt that as a spoiler, but I was completely joking around, and I think if you re-read it, you can see that. No way in hell did I think Penny would really come in a helicopter at first. I got some massive chills when I heard some propellers whizzing in last night’s episode man.

(THESE ARE NOT SPOILERS!!!! These are just RECAPS, thoughts and predictions of what we have seen in LOST. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANYTHING AWAY SINCE WE DO NOT WATCH PREVIEWS, ABC SUCKS IN GIVING A LOT AWAY!)

Okay with that said! Onto…

WHAT I GOT OUT OF LAST NIGHT’S LOST EPISODE: “CATCH-22”

BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
First off, a HUGE HUGE HUGE CONGRATS to one of the greatest comic book writers EVER, for making his debut in co-writing credits with LOST last night, Brian K. Vaughan. Charlie’s opening line in the episode, “Superman can fly around the entire planet, in the blink of an eye“ was a huge big ups to comic books and made me happy to think Brian K. Vaughan is on board.
I am a massive fan and congrats to you. Now ALL OF YOU go out and buy Y: The Last Man, Ex-Machina and seriously, what happened to The Hood, friggin amazing. When Marvel went MAX! Seems so long ago. Also, thank you BKV for your Ultimate X-Men, A+ to you, you genius!


SUPERMAN
Here is a man, who is not enslaved by space and time. Get it? Vanessa was rad enough to get me the complete DVD BOX SET of ALL the Superman movies. Re-watching (see Jim!) the first Superman, we know that Lois dies, but for Superman, he can change that. Charlie reminds us last night that “Superman can fly around the entire planet in the blink of an eye” and as much as I laugh at that scene, we think, wow what a sweet guy for saving Lois like that.
Superman flies around the earth to make it backspin and go back in time to save Lois. Kind of like bumping your head, and going back in time to save the woman you love, or the chap playing guitar every week. Huge reference for us comic book geeks, but also Richard Donner fans (the Goonies is the best film EVER!).
A Flash reference though?!! Vibrating through walls? The Hatch? Will we be vibrating through a wall for more Hatches? Hmmm…But, more time and space to come. Claire is my card I will put on the table. Friggin’ great reference from BKV!

Okay, enough ass kissing, but seriously, read some BKV! Let’s get something out of the way here, before we get into the Fab Four and a camping trip.

JACK/JULIET and SAWYER/KATE

Pretty damn obvious what’s going on here! We all said it last week that Jack and Juliet will lead to Kate and Sawyer. But we will not leave it at that, will we? No! Everyone is asking what’s up Jack’s sleeve, and it’s totally getting into Juliet’s mind and not those turquoise sweatpants. Jack is completely playing Juliet here and this is NOT going to end well. We still have SO MUCH to learn about Sarah. Who she left Jack for? Will she ever come back?
The connection of what Sawyer and Kate said about it “..it’s strange being back to the camp…” was a cool way to keep the connection alive between Kate and Sawyer, more than just sex. Thinking alike is always a good thing between couples.
We should be getting another Jack flashback hopefully this season. I have a feeling since we introduced a new character, an old one needs to make a comeback and that will be a season finale. Hoping for a Ben centric finale though, aren’t we all?


BROTHER CAMPBELL
First thing said when we are introduced to this man, is TESTS! And damn it if I am not mistaken on how much he looks like Isaac of Uluru in the episode of S.O.S. If you go back to some replies to the comments in the “Island Theory” blog from earlier this week, I mention re-watching S.O.S. because I feel I know who is behind this all. Well, that episode sealed the deal for me.
Some things about Brother Campell we need to point out. Vows to charity, helping out at Moriah’s Vineyard. Well let’s think of Desmond’s vow to silence being a TEST to see if he can choose not to speak, what about “push a button” for three years? We see the connection between Brother Campbell and Mrs. Hawking (the antique shop lady), so you know they are working together to bring Desmond to the island. Much much more to come with these two I have a feeling. Also,
As Desmond said, Moriah’s Mountain is where God instructed Abraham to kill Isaac, but God spared Isaac’s life. In the bible, Isaac is the father of Jacob and grandfather of Benjamin. Keep that in mind.

THE ISLAND
Well well well. This is VERY hard to pin-point and I know I have mentioned the island “gives us what the island ONLY knows.” For some of the new readers, I always had this feeling we keep seeing 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42, Hanso, Apollo, Oceanic, Widmore, Mr. Cluck’s, MacCutcheons, etc. because the island is only taking in what is on the island. The island keeps reminding the Losties of their past, but doesn’t know much more. Same way we keep seeing the same people from flashbacks coming to the island, like Anthony Cooper, Ethan Rom, Richard Alpert, etc.
Well the island was just thrown for a loop last night, along with the rest of us. Our paratrooper in Top Gun form, whom IMDB names Naomi, was not who we thought it was. And what I am thinking, this is pretty damn HUGE. I have a feeling she is not connected to ANY ONE on the island, but someone Penny sent to find Desmond. NOT CONNECTED, WHAT?!?! On Lost?!?!
In the finale of Season 2, (last scene) the two Portuguese men in the Arctic/Antarctica? are playing chess, and get that distress call from the computer of “Electromagnetic Anomaly Detected”, well she is connected to them, of course. The Island has just received an outsider, and I have a feeling Naomi was never meant to be part of what’s in store. Like Hurley.
And this comes to…


PENNY or NAOMI
So, if Desmond let Charlie get the arrow in the neck, would have that been Penny, not Naomi, in the “Iron Eagle” outfit? (I better watch what I say, or Lou Gossett Jr. is on the Island next). I don’t think so. I think it was supposed to be Naomi the whole time. Penny sent Naomi to get Desmond, seeing as she knew his name and had a picture of him. Since we had our flashback of Desmond, I’m feeling she doesn’t know Desmond from the past.
Penny is sending people to get Desmond, but with the Islands powers, it’s not going to be easy. Unless you “Ferry Cross the Bermuda.” Naomi came close, but now she’s no better than our Flight 815 survivors.
Also, something Tom said earlier in the season. “Ever since the sky turned purple…” when Jack asked him have they tried to get off. I was always thinking he meant, “Well, now that the sky turned purple, yes we can”, but Naomi crashing kind of proves him, actually it proves me wrong. Unless she really did have a malfunction prior getting to the island. Michael and Walt are security on a mini island, and she was shot down, there I said it!!! Just you watch! (kidding)

DESMOND
Really quick, and this is something that needs to be put down and LOCKEd away if you will. Last night’s episode handed us a HUGE clue and COMPLETELY SEALED another theory I have of LOCKE and DESMOND switching roles after the explosion (read a few blogs prior, it’s the LOCKE THEORY). Last night blatantly threw that DESMOND was a MAN OF FAITH, very much what Locke is now. Since the explosion we have seen a much different Desmond. Look back at Desmond in this episode and you think to yourself “Wow Desmond, who knew this about you?”, Ruth would NEVER think of him doing that. His only religion was Celtic winning the CUP! Hahaha! LOVE IT!


IS JIN DEAD?
Kidding. Just seeing if you are still reading!

FOOTBALL and DESMOND
Well, he never became the BIG FOOTBALLER I thought he was going to be, but he was singing Celtic’s Football Club song, ADORABLE! I still think with everyone on the island, I would be with Desmond most of the time, sorry Vanessa, it’s not Juliet, it’s Desmond. Wine, camping, and his football, I’M IN!!! Love it!


UNASNWERED QUESTIONS:
- Who is Naomi?
- How is Brother Campbell and Mrs. Hawking connected?
- How much longer will Charlie survive?
- Will it take Desmond dying to stop these flashes?
- Did the I-Phone really come out yet? (seriously, it looked like one! Take a look!)
- How is Widmore and the monastery involved with each other?
- A helicopter would never fly out that far, I’m thinking that it came from a HUGE boat, where is that boat?

SOMETHING SOMEONE SAID...

Charlie (to Hurley) – ”Superman can fly around the entire planet, in the blink of and eye.” AND so can submarines, Ethan, Juliet and friends that teleport form the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean in the blink of an eye as well. Just a reminder for some of you out there. Keep the brains ringing.

Brother Campbell (to Desmond) - ”God tests our faith in many ways, as you know we have our own tests here.” Is it me or am I the only one freaked out on that word “test” now. Seriously, when our first child comes to Vanessa and I saying “we have a test in spelling tomorrow, can you help me Daddy?” I’m going to tell the kid to run as far as they could, and never come back. “Let me see your arm, is there a Dharma logo on it?” But, seriously. Their own TESTS huh? Well after seeing the picture on his desk. I believe they do. He also mentions the keywords fit, faith, and goes in some circles of time and paths. Then says the magic words ”one of us. TESTS for the Man Of Faith.

Sawyer (to Kate) ”You need me to make you a mix-tape?” - BRIAN K. VAUGHAN AT WORK. Love it!

Hurley (to Desmond) - ”Watch the MASTER” Is it me, or does Hurley have a “clarify he is a leader of the week line”? Every week, it seems, Hurley is saying something, or maybe even doing something that shows he is at the right place right time and usually the one to control it. This week, the Fab Island Four was the premise and who was there? Yup, Hurley. Who had to say something for Nikki and Paolo during their burial? Hugo it is! Who set up the golf course? Okay, well he needs to get credit for it, that was awesome! Aren’t Gold Cups called “Masters?” I don’t know.

Hurley (to Jin) - ”I love the part about the bird, it was a bird right?” Looking back to Season 2’s episode “Live Together, Die Alone” and the bird swooping down, saying Hurley’s name made most of us say Hurley’s animal connection is a bird. Well, this line helps us remember that, and not to forget it. It’s funny how DamonCuse remind us all the time about things that might slip our minds.

Desmond (to Ruth) ”Yes, I was scared about the wedding, so I had a pint too many maybe, but I raised my eyes and I asked “Am I doing the right thing”, and that’s the last thing I remember but when I woke, I was lying in the street, and I don’t know how I got there…” A watcher was watching Desmond, drugged him and Desmond’s vision to become a monk and live with the monastery was clear. Desmond is Scottish and can drink a pint or two, trust me on that. Being a fan of a league team (LIVERPOOL!), and spending time at the pub, you know what you can drink and what you can’t. Desmond knows. So, a “watcher” mixes his pint with something, he falls asleep at the wheel, the watcher grabs him and Desmond ends up doing the right thing? What is the right thing? Desmond is NOT a Man of Faith, but he WAS, right? And now LOCKE and Desmond switched roles...Locke is the Man Of Faith…Superman was the Man Of Steel (kidding). But it makes sense!

Ruth (to Desmond) - ”It’s a good thing a bloody shepherd didn’t hell you up, you would be off with the sheep then.” Well Jack “Shepherd” has helped him up, and he is following the sheep if you think about it. The island is full of them.

Sawyer (to Kate and Juliet) - ”You guys arguing on who’s your favorite Other?” BRILLIANT!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Still laughing a bit! Ha! Friggin’ brilliant!

Sawyer (to Kate) - ”If Bernard asks, I don’t know a thing about it” WOW! Well well well, the name Bernard is brought back. I am so excited to get to the last portion of this blog post!!! WOOHOOOO! Season finale is coming up, and QUICK! Bernard huh?


CONTINUITY on SOMETHING SOMEONE SAID

Charlie (upon standing on the wire) – We see Charlie comment twice to Hurley’s argument about Flash and Superman. The first time Charlie steps on the wire he stops at “…then maybe we should fit Superman with a pair of Kryptonite…” stops there. But later on in the episode (35 minute mark), Charlie goes further with “…then maybe we should fit Superman with a pair of Kryptonite ballet slippers…” then continues with “What the hell?” I don’t know with this one, maybe being picky, but sometimes this show forces you to catch EVERYTHING, and continuity is not allowed. I’m thinking it’s nothing. Continuity.

OKAY…I NEED YOU, the READER to JOIN IN!!!
With the Season 3 Finale coming up in 4 weeks (what the hell do we do ‘til Jan 2008?), I have a question for us and want to have some fun with it.

Q: What do you feel the HUGE cliffhanging SEASON FINALE be in 4 weeks? (Think of four things that you feel will be the Season Finale, come up with some ideas and post them in a reply, let’s see if any of us can predict something…I thought this might be fun for all of us)

A:
1) Isaac will come back to us, thanks to Bernard a “Watcher”. I feel that Jacob IS Isaac from the episode of S.O.S., which Rose went to see when Bernard took her there. Isaac thought she was fit to be on the island and she ended up there.
(TRANSCRIPT of the their conversation)
Rose - So, uh, how does this, work? I sit here and you chant? Pray? Or what?

Isaac - There are certain places with great energy, spots on the earth. Like the one we’re above now. Perhaps this energy is geological, magnetic, or perhaps it’s something else? And when possible, I harness this energy and give it to “others”. May I?

(Reaches out for Rose’s face, places his hands centimeters from her cheeks and the music builds and he’s in deep thought, then he opens his eyes in shock. Pulls away)

Rose - What, what what is it?

Isaac - I’m sorry, I can’t do anything for you Rose.

Rose - I didn’t expect you to

Isaac - It’s not that you can’t be healed, it’s different energies, this is not the right place for you.

Rose - Where is the right place?

Isaac - I wish I knew

Also, really quick, Ben promises Juliet, Jacob can save Rachel from her cancer. Same way Isaac can save Rose. Also, We NEVER see Bernard on the plane, but Rose mentions to Jack, Bernard being in the bathroom. There’s the whole Black and White/Ying and Yang with Bernard and Rose. I feel that’s why we haven’t seen Bernard in so long and he was mentioned tonight, keep him out of sight, and people will forget, but when he shows up, Fans all over the world screaming “OHHHHH!!!” will happen. Also, Hurley mentions in “Expose” that the Mr. LaShade was “the Cobra” the WHOLE time after four seasons. An insider was the “man behind the curtain” if you will.
2) LOCKE comes out to get an “angry and much irritated with Ben” Mikhail, who didn’t actually die from the security shield. Mikhail refuses to be Ben’s bitch, and finally gets one over on him. And, Locke needs him to go behind the “others” and rescue Anthony Cooper, but someone will join them along the way, Sawyer. Sawyer kills Anthony Cooper.
3) Sun’s back starts to hurt from the pregnancy, and Juliet saves her. But, Sun has a problem which will be Sun or the baby, something wrong with Sun’s back. BUT, Juliet not talking to Jack anymore, means Jack can’t help her back, but Christian Shepard comes out of the woodwork, and asks Jack to help him.
4) Vincent’s cage is found. But Vincent’s dead body and collar is found too, IN THE CAGE!!! Hmmm…then who is that dog walking around the island?

There you are!!!!! Last night’s episode and more on LOST!. Please have fun with the Season Finale thoughts, I thought that would be fun to make a checklist for some of us an play with. But, none of them will be right knowing this show. Ha!

A QUICK HELLO to all you new readers! THANK YOU SO MUCH for joining us, and tell all your LOST friends to join too! Also, join our MYSPACE GROUP at



PLEASE!!!! Check back tomorrow, or a little bit after to see what I, or WE, commented back to your comment. Myspace DOES NOT tell you if someone commented back, so check the blog again. EVERY FRIDAY every comment left will have a comment back from me.

See you soon!
b.quain

No comments:

LOST, music, movies, football/soccer, etc. GET IT GET IT

My photo
Everything Liverpool Football Club in Orlando, FL. Pubs to watch matches, Fans talk with, Shops to buy LFC gear. WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...