Friday, July 13, 2007

E3: Press Conferences: NINTENDO, SONY, and MICROSOFT...which one reigns SUPREME?!?

PRESS CONFERENCES (in order)

MICROSOFT – Well well. Most of you didn’t think we’d see a new console. Oh the contrary. But, don’t lose your lunch so soon. Halo 3 is the big news and of course they wouldn’t have it any other way but to mix that console and that mega million selling franchise into one. The HALOBOX360 I guess we can call it will be debuting in 11 weeks. Enjoy. Halo and I have never been a Crocket and Tubbs, Captain and Tenille, or a Turner and Hooch. So I will be passing on the Halo360. I like that better.
I’m not going to say that the Microsoft was so unbelievable, at time very boring. Seems like we would be getting all these trailers sometime in the spand of two week on Attack Of The Show instead of two hours at the conference. But we got it. And I like it. But what was I looking for? FABLE 2!!!!! I didn’t get it in this press conference, but I think we have some AMAZING titles to look out for. Let’s count because they ALL come out in 2008! YES! All 30 new titles will come out by 2008!!!!!

Get those Xmas bonuses, cause we have a TOP 10 that you NEED! In the NEXT BLOG! I will be doing a E3: GAMES blog! This is just the Press Conferenes. But I will tell you. Some announcements. Here is how Microsoft makes it ROLL!



Peter Moore plays with Harmonix and Rock Band. Yes, as some of you know te Guitar Hero franchise and Harmonix have BLOWN up to a four piece and it looks AMAZING! Guitar, Bass, Vocals and DRUMS…this $150 dollar game will also have ALL INSTRUMENTS.

Then they announce a HUGE list of games in a trailer. 30 games to be exact!
Project Gotham Racing 4 - racing, that looks STUNNING, enjoy, I won’t be buying.
MASS EFFECT - I will be posting TONS on this game. I will be buying.
Dynasty Warrior: Gundam - Nope
Fatal Inertia - don’t remember much, sorry
CALL OF DUTY 4: Modern Warfare - AMAZING! A+++++ more to come!
Metal Of Honor: Airbourne - YES OH YES! More to come!
Stranglehold - Chow Yun Fat! Enough said!
Tiger Woods PGA ‘08 - Golf!
Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock - Yeah! Uh, yeah! MORE TO COME! Friggin GREAT!
Ace Combat 6 - you fly, so maybe PS3 might be better is launched on that console.
Beautiful Katamari - Finally for Xbox! Should be great!
NHL ‘08 - Hockey!
Lost Odyssey - Should be UNBELIEVABLE. I will get into more in games.
Assassin’s Creed - WOW! Stunning and looks crazy! I wanna play NOW!
NBA Live ‘08 - Basketball! Where’s the Base’ketball game?
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - nah! Nothing too special.
The Simpsons Game - Looks adorable and fun. Maybe!
Splinter Cell Conviction - I need to catch up on the other ones.
NASCAR ‘08 - I’d rather drive in GTA IV.
Eternal Sonata - Yeah? No? YES! Look at this thing! Coming soon.
BIOSHOCK - Of course!
Madden ‘08 - I want the real football!
Tony Hawk: Proving Ground - eh, nope, maybe not!
Crash of the Titans - Not too into the whole Crash Bandacoot, but I think them kids love him!
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix - Get it on the Wii, you ARE a WIZARD HARRY!
Orange Box : Is this Half Life 2?
Bee Movie : Jerry Seinfeld and video games don’t mix!
ROCK BAND!!!! - Keep up with em and you will know EVERYTHING ROCK BAND!
Naruto: Rise of the Ninja: Get your headband and play, but not me. Not too into anime. Sorry!

There are the games, and some, well A LOT I have a feeling I will be purchasing this year, and money will go into this console instead of the PS3 I don’t have. But I still have tomorrow to decide if I need this PS3. Wait, uh, I just noticed. NO FABLE 2!!!!! What the shit is this? NO FABLE 2!?!?!?! Grrr…

Microsoft also announces they are now partners with Disney/Touchstone to release ALL
Disney films (exclude Song of the South, I’m sure) and TV for download in HD. Yup! You guessed it. No Netflix needed. Just download. See how this goes and we might be seeing more TV through Xbox, making cable obsolete. Also for the family, Scene It with it’s remote and gaming. Excellent!

Madden, Fifa, blah blah EA. Twice as fast in real time. Great! Quain’s Liverpool will take over I bet ya!

XBOXLive as also opened up the Arcade and Sega has teamed up to put out some oldies and original downloads to the XBOX. As of now, you can download Golden Axe and Sonic.


Greatest things I saw in the press conference. GAMES wise: Assassin’s Creed!!! WOW! A+ Trailer. Call of Duty: Modern Warefare…holy moly…a must! A+ Trailer and game play! Mass Effect…patiently waiting A+, game play EVEN BETTER! Very excited.

Done for today, so let’s go to…

NINTENDO – Next day was Nintendo and Sony’s turn and wow did Nintendo throw us for a HUUUUGE loop. FAT ASS USA might not dig what I think may be the greatest thing to hit the E3 floors since, uh, well, lemme think, I guess, EVER. Nintendo launched some great titles. But weren’t we expecting them all. YES! But have we seen them before, well, ummm, YES! So why was it so good the? I mean we saw Super Mario Galaxy last year, and some Metriod Prime Wii, even Mario Kart we’ve seen since the Nintendo 64. Looks the same guys, and even has that damn old feature of Classic Tracks. But I LOOOOOOOVE them. Mario kart is too damn good. And as Vanessa just said, “if it damn broke, then don’t fix it!” Agreed. The idea of Wii Motes and the introduction of…well shit, let’s just get into shall we.


MARIO KART Wii - WAS ANNOUNCED! And it will be in 1st quarter 2008, but the HUMDINGER of it all was the fact that this baby will have the ability to have controls via WiiWheel! THE WiiWHEEL! Amazing. When you stick that cute little WiiMote in and zoom away. Oh man! The game play looks the same, but very very soon, Nintendo will announce how many characters get to drive this time around, and they said it’s MASSIVE! Whoohooo!


SUPER MARIO GALAXY - Uh, yeah, wow! This one looks just has hard as Super Mario Sunshine, and if anyone remembers that one, watch out TV’s and WiiMotes. My Wavebird almost met my TV a few times when trying to beat Level One of Sunshine. Oye. So hard, but this game looks so so so amazing. WoW! So happy to think that THIS YEAR, yes I said it, actually November 12th is the release date! WHAT? Huh? Yeah! Uh! That’s right! Get those WiiMotes charged cause I see HOURS of game play and fun times in this game.

GHOST SQUAD - Uh, Sega has a new game coming out. Haha! Sega, remember those guys who put out, Dreamcast….GOD I MISS THAT CONSOLE! Still got it! But these guys are putting out a game for the Wii that needs no WiiMote or WiiWheel, nor any Nunchuck for that matter. How do you play you ask…well with the FRIGGIN’ WiiZAPPER! Yup! The WiiZAPPER which will be coming out before the year, and fits your WiiMote and Nunchuck in there to make a gun and you zap your terrorists away in this first person shooter. Resident Evil will be easier with it, and so will Duck Hunt…I kid! I mean, Medal of Honor! Yeah! Seriously amazing. The controller will cost $19.99 and come with it’s OWN GAME!!!! YEAH BOY!


Some other cool features to mention before I go nuts with one of the greatest ideas EVER in gaming history. Nintendo will be launching WiiWare soon, cool gadgets and good times for your Wii. Also, the MiiChannel, where you will be able to home more Mii’s, download games for them, and contests on making the coolest Mii.

140 games will be launched for your DS by 2009, and 100 for the Wii by the same time. DS?!?! Did we forget to mention the biggest console ever…well not size, but in quantity! The DS has been 55 million sold ALL over the world and making it the most bought console ever! Some games coming out. High School Musical, Madden, FIFA, Brain Age 2 (Aug. 20), Dragon Quest, Smackdown/RAW, Mario Sonic Olympic Games…few of those for the Wii as well. But one that’s not for Wii is the highly anticipated release of Zelda: Phantom HourGlass which was the biggest selling game in Japan. Expect it to be just as huge and SO AMAZING, as you play the game with Stylus and your brain to solve all the dungeon puzzles and monsters.

Let’s get back to the Wii, I have some MAJOR NEWS!

METRIOD PRIME 3 - Good times good times GOOOOOOD TIMES! In the Zelda for Wii, we we’re able to become Link with the WiiMote, and I always wondered what I would look like as a girl (not really, but let me have my fantasies OK!?!?!), and we leave it to Nintendo to finally let me be a girl, and KICK ASS GIRL at that! We get to play as Samus in what seems like the same setting as the Gamecube, but this time we control everything with our WiiMotes. The greatest thing ever in the Grand Theft Auto series was when they perfected the shooting aspect of the game when holding down the R2 button and you lock on your target, well the Z button in this will help you the same way. The game play of this one was great and THANK YOU Nintendo for showing us this game, but when can I play? Oh Aug. 27th! YUP! Get those Wii’s NOW!

GUITAR HERO III - Comes with the exclusive Les Paul Guitar and the first time on the Wii. That’s all.

Are you ready for this!??!?! THE BIG ONE!!! Myself included, I’m sure we can all use some poundage to come off on the bellies. Well Nintendo thought about this and they came out with the heavy hitter this year at E3, and the MOST impressive game to hit the console, in my opinion, ALL CONSOLES.

WiiFIT - I’m not kidding. Nintendo made a fitness game that comes with a workout mat called the Wii Balance Board. This devices weighs you, saves your data and you get your workout. Does EVERYTHING from stretching, YOGA, soccer headers, hula hoops, pushups, dancing, anything you can think of in exercise. Say goodbye to gym memberships, just do it at home with your family, loved one, or yourself. The Balance Board works on your feet and weight. Wait til you see this. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think we have ALL changed our mind on how crazy the Wii is, and have learned to TRUST and LOVE Nintendo. The Wii is the greatest console to ever birth on this planet and grow to become the most powerful machine, EVER. Go fit and ENJOY this one. A+++++++


Final thoughts on Wii/NINTENDO…Super Mario Galaxy, WiiFit, High School Musical (WHY?!?!?!), ZELDA!!!, and Metriod! SO GOOD NINENDO SO GOOD! But…I do need to say this…Sick of Animal Crossing!??!?! NO! NEVER!!! Right?! How could you be? Well, NO ANIMAL CROSSING Wii this year….at all, I’m thinking. We’re not done with E3, but I think it would have premiered on stage today.

Off to the final and last company with a console that needs some pushing, some pushing like our Florida Republican House Member Bob Allen and prostitutes. Okay, maybe not that bad, but SONY isn’t looking too good with the PS3 and with the announcement on Monday of the $100 price cut, what are we looking at here? GAMES, GAMES, GAMES folks…and I think we might be getting them! But aren’t most of these games coming out for the XBOX360? Let’s see!

SONY – YES! They are! And most of us own the XBOX360, so why do we need to buy this console? Well there plenty plenty goodies in here. Still thinking of getting that PS3? Well, I think you might still be, if you haven’t been paying attention lately or playing games. There have been MANY MANY games I am waiting for, but then aren’t they coming out on XBOX360. Yes! Most titles like Grand Theft Auto 4, Medal of Honor: Airbourne, Call Of Duty 4, Harry Potter, Madden ’08, Simpsons Game, FIFA ’08, Guitar Hero III, Rock Band, Assassin’s Creed, Resident Evil 5….so what else could there be? I know I know I know most of geeks out there are begging for that trailer of KILLZONE 2, but we got that last year! So what else can we ask for…well for starters, we got a UBISOFT title, but all you LOST fans don’t get too excited. It’s not the LOST game we are expecting. They went ahead and shelved it for this…

HAZE - it’s a pretty much DUMB’d down version of Halo. Look at the name it starts with a H and an A and ens in a vowel with a consonant in there. I’m not kidding. The way the gun is held and the movement. But this time “man” need to get things “done” with his gun and it’s his way or no way, and oye vey, are you serious? This is way LOST the game is being held? I HATE YOU UBISOFT!

So you want LOST huh?

UNCHARTED: Drakes Fortune - You have this jungle and looks like you aren’t supposed to be there, but then mixes a little Indiana Jones in there for time period. Don’t know much, but looks cool!

LITTLE BIG PLANET - Seems so much fun, making and creating little towns and cities and you can share them through the PS3 NETWORK. Plus the trailer had the Go! Team in there, good song, and cute game. I’m SOLD!

RATCHET and CLANK FUTURE: TOOLS OF DESTRUCTION - Looks like fun, but I don’t play this series. Sorry.


HEAVENLY SWORD - Might be the reason I am buying this console VERY soon. Looks stunning, the girl you play seems cool as shit, and the trailer last year blew me away. But what did I get this year? Uh, not much since G4 went to commercial.

IMFAMOUS - Yup! Another shooter and blah blah blah, but VERY SMART looking. Damn good, and damn 2008! Save money I guess.

GRAND TURISMO 5 - I hate driving games since Burnout took over and bit all the other in balls (not you Mario Kart, your safe). But wait, this trailer, is that car REAL?, looks like this game, I don’t want to say it, but this game seems, WOW! FRIGGIN REAL! And AMAZING!

FOLKLORE - Damn cool damn cool damn cool. I think I am sold on this one too. Very God Of War looking, but I like!

Also, Stranglehold for PS3 will come with John Woo's Hard Boiled on BLU-RAY!!!!!!!! I'm not kidding, might be worth it RIGHT THERE!!!

Finally, before I get into the whole new PSP and PS3 NETWORK is the bid daddy of them all


KILLZONE 2 - AMAZING, and I will more and a trailer. That’s all. So KNOW YOU HAVE TO READ TOMORROW! Ha! Suckas!

PS3 has finally launched it’s PS3NETWORK and WOW! Unbelievable people. I need to so much more research on this, but with it’s community and online, this will become the MYSPACE for consoles. It’s so amazing what this is doing as we speak with PS3 HOME, and instead of what looks like the Sims, the PS3 HOME is YOU!!!! Yes! YOU! You have a WebBrowser and PSP to PS3 capabilities. A store to get cool shit and I am foaming, drooling as we speak.

That’s it though. This is 9 hours of watching in one day, and 6 pages of typing means I am DONE! I will get into more tomorrow on the WHOLE E3. I only watched the Press Conferences and tomorrow I will tackle the GAMES!

Let me watch more guys! Lots of games to get into!

b.quain

No comments:

LOST, music, movies, football/soccer, etc. GET IT GET IT

My photo
Everything Liverpool Football Club in Orlando, FL. Pubs to watch matches, Fans talk with, Shops to buy LFC gear. WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...