Monday, July 02, 2007

TOP TEN OF THE WEEK: Ending 07-01-07

MY TOP 10 OF THE WEEK: Week Ending 07-01-07

“…I know you’ll find out, that I’m a geek, with a lower case g, and I’m trying to hide, cause I wouldn’t be seen, with a guy like me…” – Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right, B, A, Start – (“I Know You’ll Find Out I’m A Geek”)

So, I was thinking of something NEW, and very UNIQUE to do to my blog away from the every Weds. LOST BLOG and Song Of Week was cool (and will be back). But what was something no one has done yet? Well, I got to thinking, what about listing my TOP 10 of the week of things that have happened or music I got, films we’ve seen, or cool new shit to play with….well, thought to myself. Is that original, or new? HELL NO! but it rules damnit!

(This Top 5 is the great things that happened in the past week for myself, doing this more for therapeutic reasons and archiving the BEST year of my life so far…so halfway there, I need to start now. In these blog posts, I hope to give you guys a good laugh, but I guess I am leaving myself to become an open book to supreme geekness. Music, movies, video games, geek news, etc. will be in here. Oye. Have a good read!)

1) Hell’s Kitchen – This one will be on here EVERY week I’m sure. Gordon Rasmey’s my hero and this week wasn’t all too much a ball buster as the past few episodes. With Aaron being gone, Gordon taking over the elimination process two weeks ago, and no one pulling food out of the garbage to serve to customers…it was a tame game. Best show on TV right now, since I loooove my food and to cook. Brilliant show.

What would be ANY TOP 1, 3, or 10 without a FILM! Here is how we kept our week busy! Also, this segment of reviews goes out to Joel Siegel, great film critic and film lover who passed on over the weekend.



2) Once - Breath of fresh air (since we are in Dublin for this…) film from John Carney. Award winner at the Sundance Film Festival, Fox Searchlight brings this gem to you in select theaters in select cities. But, if it is by you, trust me to see it. Great music, great acting from Commitments co-star/guitar player Glen Hansard and newcomer/female singer/piano player Markéta Irglová. Superb all around and a film NOT to be missed this year. Can’t wait to singalong again.Rating: A+

3) Sicko - I won’t have this up here for arguments and I don’t know why and where (I do know why and where, but not EVER in the mood to argue) people became Michael Moore haters. Fantastic documentary about a topic that NEEDS to be told, and not by what people call Michael Moore’s style of filmmaking, one-sided, seeing as it’s more the subjects of the film telling their stories. Heart breaking, so very heart breaking, and a MUST SEE. Get to know Michael Moore, after the past few years I have had the honor to talk to him and meet up on a few occasions and I can tell how much he is like me trying to help people and just no matter what happens, no one wants change. It’s sick what has happened to this country, and I’m glad we can see what’s happening around the world. A MUST MUST MUST SEE! Rating: A+

4) Live Free or DIE HARD - Yup! Not kidding, it’s up here, and why would we be kidding. Fan-friggin’-tastic. Here you go. JOHN McCLANE! That’s all you need. He’s back and hasn’t missed a beat. Justin Long is great just adding more dialogue and some time to breath and times, but doesn’t steal the show, or act like the comic relief moron. Great action and a great story to the trilogy. A MUST SEE, before those More Than Meets The Box Office Bullshit. GO SE IT…that’s it, that’s that, that’s all there is!!! Rating: A

5) Camacho Cigars - Wow! Saturday night was a fantiastic night for a great celebration dinner and a great cigar. The Camacho was one of the finest I have EVER had for just $6.50. Mild, and such an excellent burn, wait burn…that’s the problem and why it’s $6.50. The cigar could EASY be over $10, but the fact that the cigar burns funny at times, makes this over an hour smoke kinda fishy. Just go an smoke this baby! So good!

6) Melting Pot/Corona Cigar Co - Vanessa took me out for a celebration dinner which we both felt was so well deserved. Melting Pot was so so so TASTY! Great times. Thank you baby! We hit the Corona Cigar Co. across the street. Smoked the Comacho. Then I was able to meet Avo Uvezian, famous jazz musician and brilliant cigar mogul for Avo Cigars. He played with my new toy and number 10 on this list. But then the last time we were there a couple were nice enough to pass on a Dos Equis since they weren’t going to finish their bucket. They were there again and I was able to thank the man and we wound up talking for an hour with John and Jill. Such a great couple. Just got married 8 days before us, smoke cigars, geek it out Lost, geek it out FILMS!, and seem so amazing. Good times!!!!

7) Ice Road Truckers - Watch this show when they do the famous day long marathon that History Channel’s usually do. So good! Very tense and very amazing. GOOD TIMES!

8) Simmons BeautyRest - WE GOT A NEW BED! After 12 years, we will be sleeping very very very nice. So good! You want a new bed? Get it this weekend!!! July 4th weekend is the most popular one for new mattress buying, so if you need one, GO NOW! Our bed is the greatest in the world and that leads too…

9) SLEEP - It’s amazing! Try this. We have done it since the new bed, and I am LOVIN’ IT!

Now, now, now! What would be ANYONE’s Top 10 of the week ending 07-01-07 without anything on the Iphone? Well, seriously, hate or love it, the Iphone is OUT and wants your slimy fingers to play with it. So this obviously goes into our number 10.

NUMBER 10!!! THE I-PHONE - Wow! What a little gadget. Vanessa and I went to the Apple Store on Friday to go play with the new I-Phone and Wow!!! We get in after a 45 minute wait in line and I rush into line to play with the one the guy in the line has to play with one. Vanessa goes to a table where everyone is around playing with phones. She meets up in 5 minutes after playing asking “what are you doing”…long story short. We bought two! I was hoping we can use these as our business phone (so you have the 929 number, USE THAT, haha) and wow, very tempting to move it all over to a I-Phone. We got home after Sicko that night and hooked it up and played for hours until 3am. This review is just on the First Impression of using it to play with, meeting new amazing people at a cigar shop through it, and talking to Solari to hear what New York sounds like, and it sounds UNREAL. Everything we have played with is amazing, no problems at all. Easy set-up, easy use, and amazing piece of work. WOW! Go for it people, GO FOR IT. I have used Apple/Mac for over 15 years now and I have never had a problem., enough said. THANKS I-PHONE! Wait, why isn’t it turning on? DAMNIT! Well, I gotta go and take my phone to get repaired. I kid I kid, I just want to get off the TOP 10!!! Rating: A+ on first impression

DISAPPOINTMENT of the WEEK!!!!
USA vs ARGENTINA - I looove both teams. Fantastic meet up, but not a great frigign’ game. 4 – 1 in the end and USA took a huge turn of the worst in the 2nd half. Gomez, and Gaven played as substitutes in the 2nd half. Yeah? You don’t know who they are? Me neither. Bad bad news for USA, and Argentina kicked ass in the first half, but SCHOOLED the U.S. in the 2nd. Come on USA, we just WON the Gold Cup, and now we need 3 points more and more than ever. Tonight we play Paraguay, who beat Columbia 5 – 0. Good luck guys.

Thanks guys for letting me be so UNORIGINAL, and next week, these will be written as the week goes on. Not the morning of. Much better I am sure.

See ya soon
b.quain

No comments:

LOST, music, movies, football/soccer, etc. GET IT GET IT

My photo
Everything Liverpool Football Club in Orlando, FL. Pubs to watch matches, Fans talk with, Shops to buy LFC gear. WE'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...